Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Does he know a mother's heart?




I am your mother,
Oh! I love you so...

I can see you so clearly
Oh! I know you so..
The dreams in your eyes,
Ah, the glint and the glow..
The passing anger on your face,
Oh, the crank in your brow
The upturn of your lips as you smile,
The sweet love that you show
The surge of excitement even when 
You see the same trick thrice in a row
I'm always nagging, always scolding, always shouting.
I know it doesn't really show
I guess I try too hard to protect you
From the harshness of the winds or the snow
I love you so much
But how will you ever know

I am a parent,
I can't even describe the pleasure I feel as I see you grow 
I m a parent, I shall forever say 'I told you so'..

I want to be around 
All through your highs and lows
I know your battles are yours to fight
Your pace is only yours, fast or slow..
It's your life, your goals, your aspirations,

My prayer simply is, become the person I know... 

I am your mother
I love you so..

No comments: